ABOUT THE ROLE
WAVE is looking for an Operations Coordinator to join our team as soon as possible. The selected candidate will have a 3-week handover period before assuming full responsibilities in August. The role is based in Thessaloniki, Northern Greece and will require you to be present in the centre four days a week (in addition to one office day) to ensure the smooth running of operations in the centre and the kitchen. You will also serve as the focal point of contact for both volunteers and beneficiaries regarding work in the centre. There may be occasions where flexibility is necessary. Additionally, your responsibilities will also include regularly reviewing all operational-related policies and guidelines in collaborating with the other coordinators to ensure proper implementation at the centre. Another significant responsibility will be overseeing all aspects of our kitchen operations, including managing food/cooking-related tasks, maintaining hygiene standards and providing support with cooking for our volunteers. This can include regular kitchen training, collection and sharing of recipes but also initiative to be creative when it comes to making use of products we get donated. As we get all our fruits and vegetables for free from local farmer markets, they can sometimes already be overripe so we have to use them straight away before they turn bad. An example could be turning fruits into marmalades or jams that we can then freeze or preserving vegetables by making pickles.
This is a full-time role.
Start Date: Immediate. Please note that there will be an initial 3-week handover period, which will not be compensated.
Minimum commitment: 6 months from August, full-time.
Deadline: 7th July
- Manage day-to-day kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking, and serving, while adhering to health and safety standards and ensuring efficient teamwork
- Assist in training volunteers, and sharing culinary knowledge and best practices.
- Coordinate with volunteers to develop dishes that cater to the needs and preferences of the community
- Be the first point of contact for any questions volunteers have in the centre and especially ensure guidance on food-related questions during their stay with WAVE.
- Be the first point of contact for questions about our operations for other NGOs in the area
- Ensuring a smooth run of operations in the centre and being available for questions at any point. Additionally, alongside coordinators, assisting in keeping operational guidelines, policies, and security protocols up to date.
- Attending team meetings and coordination meetings on a weekly basis.
- Scheduling of volunteers and team planning (together with the Volunteer Coordinator)
- Arranging and carrying out 1:1 check-ins with all volunteers (after the first few weeks of volunteering and after that monthly). Check-ins and Exit interviews are divided amongst all coordinators.
- Participate in shifts in the centre 4-5 days a week to have a consistent presence within the organisation.
- Provide incident debriefs where necessary (to be discussed in coordination meetings).
- Report any incidents that cause concern relating to operational problems as early as possible; pass on feedback about issues
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Friendly and approachable character.
- Ability to work well together in a team and take initiative.
- Flexibility in the working environment.
- Experience in gastronomy (ideally in kitchen and service) and a passion for food and cooking
- Fluency in English and strong written communication skills.
- A developed understanding of conflict handling and boundaries.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Other language skills in French, Arabic or Farsi.
- Experience in a professional kitchen
- Experience working with people on the move/refugees or in a similar field of working with vulnerable people.
- Experience working closely with community members.
- An understanding of the ongoing situation for people-on-the-move in Europe, especially at the borders.
- Experience providing well-being support on a group or 1:1 basis.
- Driver’s licence and ability to drive a manual van preferred.
- What we can offer:
- A unique, practical learning experience working in a non-hierarchical, grassroots organisation providing direct aid to people-on-the-move.
- A monthly stipend of €500.
- The opportunity to work in a diverse team with European volunteers and members of the community we are serving.
- Exchange with other NGOs in the area
- Regular external training (eg. digital security)
If you are interested please send an email with your CV (including at least two references) and a motivation letter to email@example.com